The latest innovation, the Absolute Arm uses inspiration and resources from the entire Hexagon product family. It also contains certain elements and characteristics from previous generation ROMER arms as well.
This all-new portable CMM is the lightest, most accurate and most flexible Absolute arm to be placed on the market. Specifically, the accuracy of the arm is the most powerful specification of this product; the arm features proprietary absolute encoders in its primary axes, so the arm always “knows” the position of its joints. Therefore, it will perform accurately, every time. Much more than just a metrology tool, its value lies in its versatility. Portability, stability, light weight and high-performance laser scanners make the ROMER Absolute Arm an all-purpose 3D measurement, analysis and digitising tool that can be used by anyone, anywhere and with minimum training.
Absolute Arms can use integrated or external scanners.
Furthermore, unlike many metrology devices, the Absolute Arm does not require warm-up time or initialization, thanks to a stable carbon fiber structure and industry leading Absolute encoders. Simply take the measuring arm to the part, switch it on and start measuring.
Features and Benefits:
- Patented Infinite Rotation (in the principle axes) allows easy access to areas which are challenging to reach. This feature also avoids any damage to the arm as a result of rotational hard stops.
- Kinematic Probe Joint offers the repeatable connection of probes - with no need for recalibration. This feature allows the user to store hundreds of calibrated probe profiles within the system for instant recall.
- Compact Head inspects parts or can be used to interact with the CMM program when it's in "mouse mode." This area is easy to hold and the integrated work light and digital camera allows the user to graphically document setups, to keep track throughout the project.
- Patented SpinGrips allow the user to experience better user ergonomics as a result of the infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions. SpinGrips also allows the arm to easily "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm and maximizing accuracy and repeatability.
- Absolute Encoders improve general accuracy and remove all complicated "homing" procedures that the user can experience
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes offer a thermally stable, lightweight, stiff structure.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy operation with effortless control - even above and below the arm's centerline. Improved ergonomics results in lower operator fatigue and improved measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point allows for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities. These include but are not limited to WiFi connection, battery power, and much more.
- Universal thread mount base attaches to a wide selection of base and stand options, including magnetic bases.
Feature Pack Options for 6-Axis Absolute Arms:
- Mobility Pack: A rechargeable battery and WiFi transmitter allows complete wireless use of the Absolute Arm.
- "No Pack" Option: The Absolute Arm is completely functional without a feature pack, using a 110/220v power connection.