At only 25 mm in diameter and with incomparable flexibility, it’s no wonder that the SP25M is one of the world’s most compact and versatile scanning CMM scanning probe systems on the market.
With the SP25M, users can scan for form, position and size by using a wide range of scanning and touch-trigger modules that are built into the probe system.
The SP25M delivers high accuracy of discrete points and it also has two sensors in one - scanning and touch-trigger. Users can use a choice of five scanning modules (which can carry M3 styli with lengths from 20 mm to 400 mm) or alternatively, the user can use an adapter to carry Renishaw’s TP20 range of touch‑trigger probe modules.
The SP25M's is compatible with the PH10M/MQ and PH6M probe heads and it can also be mounted on a multiwired extension bar.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE SP25M:
- Ideal for profile and form measurement
- Unrivalled flexibility and only 25 mm in diameter
- Two sensors in one - scanning and touch-trigger
- Range of FCR25 module changing systems, each of which allows any of the SP25M system elements to be stored in each port
- Compatible with the PH10M/MQ and PH6M probe heads
- An adapter can be used to carry TP20 range of touch‑trigger probe modules
- Excellent metrology - isolated optical sensing and 3rd order polynomial compensation
- Five modules provide optimal performance across a range of stylus lengths (up to 400 mm)
- Two sensors in one - scanning and touch-trigger
- Unique and robust design with simple stylus changing
- Fast and simple probe calibration cycle
- Suitable for use on motorised indexing heads for greater flexibility and shorter scanning cycle times
- Outstanding reliability - no motors or locking mechanisms
|Mounting||Multiwired autojoint – compatible with PH10M, PH10MQ and PH6M CMM probe heads and extension bars, and ACR1/3 sensor changers|
|Suitable interface||Either: UCC controller
Or: AC3 PC interface card for machines not fitted with the UCC controller
|Probe attributes||3-axis analogue measurement (X, Y, Z)
Pivoting motion in XY plane with translation in Z directionFor SM25-5: Plane translation in all 3 axes XYZ
|Measurement range||±0.5 mm (±0.02 in) in X, Y and Z
For SM25-5: ±0.3 mm
|Overtravel range||±2.0 mm (±0.08 in) in X and Y
1.7 mm (0.07 in) in +Z
1.2 mm (0.07 in) in –ZFor SM25-5:
±X, ±Y = 0.95 mm (0.037 in)
+Z = 1.0 mm (0.039 in)
-Z = 1.1 mm (0.043 in)
|Crash protection:||X, Y, –Z - break-off of either module or stylus holder
+Z - integral bump-stop design
|Resolution||< 0.1 µm (0.000004 in) with either UCC2 daughtercard or AC3 interface card|
|Spring rate||0.2 N/mm to 0.6 N/mm nominal dependent on stylus length|
|Damping||Single viscous fluid damper
For SM25-5: Two viscous fluid dampers
|Power supply||+12 V (±5%), –12 V (+10% / –8%), +5 V (+10% / –13%) DC at probe|
|Outputs (X,Y,Z)||Non-linear and non-orthogonal analogue outputs - rate, gain and resolution are not fixed
SP25M requires that a non-linear, third-order polynomial calibration method is used.
SP25M MODULES AND STYLUS HOLDERS
A range of SP25M module kits are available to suit a user’s application and to build up their probing capability over time (these include entry‑level kits for touch‑trigger users and full combination kits).
Each SM25 scanning module is enhanced for gain and spring rate, to suit the range of stylus lengths specified. For every module, there is also a matching SH25-# stylus holder.
The SH25-3 and SH25-4 stylus holders are constructed with a fixed carbon fibre stem to which an M3 stylus is mounted, to provide the correct working length.
Please note: Although the SP25M can carry cranked (non-straight) styli configurations when using SM25-1/2/3/4/5 scanning modules and the original standard stylus holders (SH25-1/2/3/4/5), for optimum metrology where larger offsets are required, Renishaw recommends the new SH25-2A/3A/4A range of stylus holder, specifically designed to meet the challenges posed by such stylus arrangements.
SM25-1 scanning module
TM25-20 TTP adaptor module
|To be used with SH25-1
Stylus length: 20-50 mm
|To be used with SH25-2
Stylus length: 50-105 mm
|To be used with SH25-3
Stylus length: 120-200 mm
|To be used with SH25-4
Stylus length: 220-400 mm
|To be used with SH25-5
Stylus length: 50-150 mm
|To be used with TP20 touch-trigger modules and extensions.|
FCR25 FLEXIBLE CHANGING RACKS
A range of FCR25 module changing systems, each of which allows any of the SP25M system elements to be stored in each port.
- SM25 scanning modules and the TM25-20 TTP module adaptor can be docked directly into the FCR25 ports
- SH25 scanning stylus holders require a PA25-SH adaptor
- TP20 modules can be stored with the help of a PA25-20 adaptor
FCR25 port adaptor insert kit
|Triple port unit suitable for fitment to the MRS modular rack system||3-port stand-alone unit for smaller CMMs and optical CMMs.||6-port stand-alone unit for smaller CMMs and optical CMMs.||PA25-SH and PA25-20 inserts to store SH25-# stylus holders or TP20 probe modules.|
AC3 INTERFACE CARD
The AC3 interface card is designed for use where a PC or OEM Controller (ISA Bus) provides control of the CMM system. The card performs probe management functions.
SP25M PROBE KITS
Please contact us to aquire the full list of the currently available SP25 probe kits.