PC-DMIS Tech Tip 2: Using Protected Mode in PC-DMIS is a quick and easy way to enable your part programs to run in a "read-only" mode. Protected Mode is useful when writing part programs for a second shift and you want to control what the Operator can and cannot do.
Watch our video to Learn how to use Protected Mode in PC-DMIS.
HEADING: Protected Mode
TAGS: PC-DMIS, Protected Mode, password
How can I set up PC-DMIS to run in a “read only” mode?
Enabling “Protected Mode” will allow you to run a PC-DMIS program in a mode which prohibits editing. Steps to enable Protected Mode:
- Open PC-DMIS but do not open a program. From the menu bar select Edit | Protected Mode…
- A dialog box will open prompting you to enter, then re-enter a password. After typing your password press “OK.”
- The Title Bar will indicate that you are now running in Protected Mode.
- To disable Protected Mode, select Edit | Protected Mode… and enter your password. Press “OK” to accept.
NOTE: If you forget your password, you can look it up using the Settings Editor. Follow the steps listed below:
- Close PC-DMIS then open the Settings Editor from the Start Menu: All Programs | PC-DMIS <version> | PC-DMIS <version> Settings Editor
- Press “Connect” then press “Find” and type in the word “password” then press “Find Next.”
- Keep pressing “Find Next” until you arrive at the entry that is simply titled “Password.” Your password will be displayed in the “Current value” field.