The world’s most advanced metrology software is here with over 40 new features. PC-DMIS 2013 has been officially released and is now available for download. Below are some of the highlights included with the new release.
PC-DMIS 2013 rolls out a major new feature: “Width Construction.” Now it is easy construct a width feature from two opposing sides of a notch, tab, or other similar surfaces. This new construction is useful for GD&T applications requiring the width as a Datum in Feature Control Frames. 2D Width features can be secondary and tertiary datums, while a 3D width can be used as the primary datum.
New ClearanceCube definition now allows a ClearanceCube for collision-free movement around complex geometries without CAD. Simply set two points at opposing corners of the measurement piece or holding fixture and PCDMIS automatically creates the ClearanceCube definition. Then use the same familiar tools to adjust offsets and toggle work-planes or features on and off.
Also new for 2013, Collision Detection Path lines now blink when selected to ensure there are no missed probe collisions.
Enhanced Custom Reporting tools present fast and easy to read interactive gauges and graphs to PC-DMIS reports. Quickly see the percentage of features out-of-tolerance or near tolerance limits without having to read the full inspection report line-by-line.
- PC-DMIS® 2013 operates under 32-bit and 64-bit Vista; and 32-bit and 64-bit* Windows 7. No other operating systems are supported
- 2 GHZ or higher Duo-Core processor for improved performance
- 4 GB of RAM or higher. (4GB is the highest amount of memory capable on a 32-bit OS)
- 2 GB of free hard drive space plus allocated Virtual Memory of 8 times the largest CAD file used
- Professional 3D Graphics Processors such as Quadro Solution from Nvidia or FirePro Solution from AMD/ATI
- DVD drive
- High performance hard disk drive such as SAS HDD 10K RPM or a high-end SSD-HDD. The best solution is two drives in RAID 0 mode
- 2 USB ports available
- 2 Ethernet ports
- Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Internet Explorer version 9
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this software upgrade, please contact our techsupport department and they will be happy to assist you.