About the Hexagon Global CMM
The GLOBAL S Series of new CMM machines have been designed to deliver superior performance and significantly increase productivity.
Whether the priority is precision, throughput, flexibility, or in-production CMM measurement, GLOBAL S CMMs are configured to meet the needs of the most challenging applications. Designed by Pininfarina and powered by the Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence Enhanced Productivity Series (EPS), the GLOBAL S provides a complete package of productivity and style.
The Hexagon GLOBAL S CMM provides accuracy and reliability that you won’t find anywhere else. By combining innovative and enhanced technologies, the Hexagon GLOBAL S CMM allows manufacturers and production leaders to customize their setups and configure their software to meet their specific requirements. This CMM model is available in three performance levels — Green, Blue, or Chrome — and allows shop floors across North America to experience the advantage of a CMM with full configuration capabilities.
At CMMXYZ, we’re proud to offer one of the largest selections of bridge CMMs in North America, featuring the incomparable Hexagon GLOBAL S series. Our selection of new and used Hexagon bridge CMMs are available to browse today, and our metrology specialists are standing by to answer your questions.
Contact CMMXYZ to learn about the full range of benefits and amenities in what we like to call the Hexagon GLOBAL advantage.
Hexagon Global S Specifications
The GLOBAL S CMM delivers accuracy, performance, and productivity using industry-leading technologies and custom software capabilities.
Designed with patented granite integrated Dovetail Guideways, the Hexagon GLOBAL CMM delivers enhanced accessibility to accurate measurements from any side of the machine. Its aluminum carriage optimizes maximum weight and stiffness, which allows the machine to produce accurate measurements without compromising speed or efficiency.
With multi-sensor extended thermal compression, ranging from 16 to 26 degrees celsius, this CMM can provide greater accuracy even in environments where temperatures are known to fluctuate.
Experience the true advantage of a CMM from the Hexagon GLOBAL S series.
Hexagon Global Special Features & Benefits
Productivity is the driving force in all manufacturing industries, whether you’re working in the automotive, healthcare, energy, or aerospace sectors. Manufacturers and shop floor leaders need a CMM that delivers accuracy even in the most challenging conditions — they need the Hexagon GLOBAL S.
There are several advantages to the Hexagon GLOBAL S CMM. Learn more about the unique features and benefits that make this bridge CMM one of the leading models on the market today.
Accurate High-Speed Scanning
Its innovative vibration-reduction system guarantees measurement accuracy even during the high-speed scanning process. When combined with firmware and hardware solutions, the result is maximized throughput without loss of efficiency.
Automatic Power Saving and Air Saving Function
With its dynamic Eco-mode, the GLOBAL S powers down automatically during periods of inactivity, while the Eco Mode+ puts compressed airflow on hold, saving energy and reducing operating costs.
With integrated LED alert lights, users can check the status of their machine even from a distance. This means the machine can be left unattended, optimizing your time and resources.
Improved Unknown Path Scanning
With the help of ScanPilot’s advanced firming algorithms, the GLOBAL S CMM can scan complex, unknown profiles at an advanced speed, even when the part includes abrupt surface changes.
Choice of Sensors Up to 800 mm
The GLOBAL S can be equipped for any sensor-based application, including tactile scanning sensors and tough trigger probes, with available extensions up to 800 mm for increased accessibility.
Advanced Software Options
Hexagon’s GLOBAL S CMM is available with PC-DMIS software, which allows information to be captured and shared across all production stages seamlessly. This is one of the many innovative CMM softwares offered.
Machine Path Optimisation
Auto Power Saving
Equipped with the powerful and effective Eco-mode, the Hexagon GLOBAL S CMM will automatically power down during any inactivity, which increases energy efficiency without compromising the progress of the machine.
Variety of Sensors
Choose from a variety of CMM sensors to suit your measurement needs, including non-contact sensors. With additional tool changer options and probe extensions, you can experience its maximum accessibility.
With its Q-DAS software portfolio, this CMM offers advanced statistical data analytics packages, offering a greater insight to control and optimize your manufacturing process and promptly rectify any issues.
- Reduced and compensate vibrations
- Maintains its performance accuracy, even at the highest scanning speeds
- Improves the robustness of undefined path scanning operations
- Allows for greater scan speeds, better throughput and higher application range
- Glide smoothly through measurements
- Depending on the application, Fly2 Mode can reduce the execution time of a measurement part program up to 5-6%
- Saves power by automatically powering down the CMM when it stands idle
- Reduces machine operating cost with no impact on machine performance
- Stops the flow of compressed air to the air bearings after a given time of machine inactivity
- Reduces compressed air consumption by up to 90% and saves up to 25% of compressed air cost
- Ideal for short measurement cycles without compromising accuracy.
- Throughput is one of the primary productivity drivers found with this coordinate measuring machine and is maximized by combining firmware and hardware solutions.
- Excellent for producing parts with complex geometries and tight tolerances that require the highest level of accuracy.
- Hexagon’s GLOBAL CMM provides the accuracy manufacturers need to gather succinct data and fully optimize their production process without sacrificing efficiency.
- The optimal configuration for measuring parts with various features, material types and surface characteristics or producing a number of different workpieces.
- The Multi-Purpose capability package transforms this CMM into a multi-sensor machine with the capacity to use contact and non-contact sensors in a single program.
- Bring inspection near line, at line or inline, closer to the point of production with reliable results even in changing temperatures.
- With the Shop-Floor capability package, users can compensate for changing temperatures and provide protection from dirt and dust, which can compromise the machine’s handling.
Three Different Productivity Levels
The GLOBAL S Green is a cost-effective solution for common shop measurement and inspection projects. Designed for the most basic inspection projects, this CMM system supports touch trigger probes and is designed to deliver superior performance in accuracy, speed, environment, reliability and ease of use. The green line provides manufacturers with the best price-to-performance ratio.
The GLOBAL S Blue is the best solution for high-tolerance parts and more sophisticated measurement tasks.
In addition to touch probing, the blue series of GLOBAL S can also conduct highly accurate scans and is available in a variety of sizes.
The GLOBAL S Chrome is the ultimate measurement solution. The Chrome edition is tailored for maximum performance, which allows for high speed & high accuracy. The chrome CMM is optimized to measure large dimensional components with complex geometries in the automotive, aerospace and industrial machining industries. Furthermore, it has an advanced vibration reduction system available using Compass Technology.
Global S Performance Verification
Performance verification is an integral component of a bridge CMM and its operation. This document outlines the necessary risk controls and standards that must be met for the CMM to produce the accuracy and efficiency needed on a manufacturing floor.
Hexagon’s GLOBAL S CMMs include a specific list of performance verification steps designed to measure the accuracy of the machine’s operations based on the set expectations from the manufacturer. These tests outline the machine’s capabilities and are a multi-step process that is integral to the success of any Hexagon GLOBAL CMM.
The current standard for CMM performance verification and accuracy testing is ISO10360 — specifically, ISO 10360-2 is used for machines measuring linear dimensions, while ISO 10360-5 is used for machines that incorporate multiple-stylus probing systems.
At CMMXYZ, we ensure our inventory of Hexagon CMMs meets the highest verification standards for increased accuracy and unwavering performance on the shop floor.
Hexagon is a leader in innovative metrology solutions, with over 25 years of industry experience.
Hexagon combines dynamic software, new technologies, and quality assurance to create coordinate measuring machines that deliver heightened efficiency and accuracy.
CMMXYZ is proud to carry a selection of the brand’s CMMs, including the GLOBAL S, the GLOBAL Advantage, and the
Choose from our inventory of new and used Hexagon machines and speak with a metrology specialist today to learn how to find the ideal machine for your business.