Base Install > New Equipment > ROMER Portable Arms > ROMER Absolute Arm with Integrated Scanner
Freedom of movement – that is what this universal scanning solution is all about.
The Romer Absolute Arm 7-Axis "SI" series is an all-purpose metrology tool, with an integrated laser scanner, that offers accurate high-speed scanning for a multitude of parts and applications. This product is the first portable arm system on the market that is factory calibrated and certified to B89 specifications.
The Romer Absolute Arm 7-Axis "SI" series delivers the convenience of a fully integrated 3D scanning solution. For ergonomics and ease of use, the scanner is permanently incorporated into the seventh axis, and weight balanced with the ROMER Zero-G counterbalance feature.
Furthermore, this low-weight laser scanner solution comes as a cost-efficient package that will also save you countless hours during production time. For example, no external controller box is required thanks to Romer’s feature pack, which conveniently contains the scanner interface. Also, no warm up timeand no homing procedures are required - which means that you can start scanning right away.
To summarize: mobility, stability, low weight and high-performance is the foundation of TheRomer Absolute Arm 7-Axis "SI" series.
- Patented Infinite Rotation (in the principle axes) allows easy access to areas which are challenging to reach. This feature also avoids any damage to the arm as a result of rotational hard stops.
- Kinematic Probe Joint offers therepeatable connection of probes - with no need for recalibration. This feature allows the userto store hundreds of calibrated probe profiles within the system for instant recall.
- Compact Head inspects parts or can be used to interact with the software when it`s in "mouse mode." This area is easy to hold and the integrated work light and digital camera allows the user to graphically document setups, to keep track throughout the project.
- Patented SpinGrips allow the user to experience better user ergonomics as a result of the infinitely rotating, low-friction "approved" hand hold positions. SpinGrips also allows the arm to easily "float" in the operator's hands, reducing stress on the arm and maximizing accuracy and repeatability.
- Absolute Encoders improve general accuracy and remove all complicated "homing" procedures that the user can experience
- Aerospace grade Carbon Fiber Tubes offer a thermally stable, lightweight, stiff structure.
- Low Profile Zero-G Counterbalance balances the arm's weight for easy operation with effortless control - even above and below the arm's centerline. Improved ergonomics results in lower operator fatigue and improved measuring results.
- Integrated handle and lifting point allows for easy carrying.
- Feature Packs plug into the base and provide interchangeable and upgradeable add-on capabilities. These include but are not limited toWiFi connection, battery power, and muchmore.
- Universal thread mount base attaches to a wide selection of base and stand options, including magnetic bases.
Feature Pack Options for 6-Axis Absolute Arms:
- Mobility Pack: A rechargeable battery and WiFitransmitter allows complete wireless use of the Absolute Arm.
- "No Pack" Option: The Absolute Arm is completely functional without a feature pack, using a 110/220v power connection.
Romer Arms with External Scanners are also available.