When you want accurate results in a short amount of time, it might seem like an impossible task that is far from becoming a reality. But thanks to advancements in technology, we are now able to make these types of visions come to life.
Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM’s) can offer your company a long list of benefits. Offering precise measurement of objects for design, assessment, testing profiling, and reverse engineering, you can now enjoy inspecting areas that would normally be hard to measure with standard instruments.
Here are five different types of benefits that a Coordinate Measuring Machine can offer your company:
1. These unique pieces of technology will save your company time and money. As manufacturing becomes more refined and parts are made more complex, the need for accurate and precise measurement technologies becomes more and more mandatory. This is where a Coordinate Measuring Machine can offer your company the results you need. Whether you choose a Portable, Bridge or Gantry CMM, you can say goodbye to having to depend on a dimensional lab or needing to take large parts away from the shop floor. You and your company can enjoy accurate results, in a small amount of time.
2. Floor space can be saved and used at a premium. In any shop floor environment, space is always hard to come by. Measuring large components can be more than difficult and this scenario can certainly test your patience. This is where a portable measuring machine can be your saving grace. Particularly in the automotive, manufacturing or aerospace industries, portable CMM’s can offer high-accuracy and convenience when you need to measure parts that can’t be moved. Truly portable and wireless, these CMM’s are also ideal for geometric surfaces and overall quality control.
3. You can enjoy verification of product quality. By performing 3D inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, reverse engineering and dimensional analysis, CMM’s offer a surpassed peace-of-mind - in more ways than one. Quality should always be at the top of your mind, and by using a CMM, you can enjoy previously unheard levels of superiority and precision.
4. Unsurpassed reliability in any shop floor environment. Dependability in a variety of probing environments is always important – especially when it comes to 3D measurements. Whether you are using a contact or non-contact scanning method, you can rest easy knowing that CMMs are constructed by using high thermal stability materials, and as a result, they can offer you and your company optimum accuracy and reliability. In the end, a CMM will meet all of your exacting requirements.
5. You can use third-party inspection and scanning software packages. Pro CMM software will offer you even more benefits that you can enjoy; for example, you can solve your unique measurement problems by using custom software, and you can also identify unique solutions that will fit the bill each and every time. By using industry leading third-party inspection and scanning software, you can enjoy complete and automated solutions of manufacturing data - from conception to reality.
When selecting a CMM, you will likely want to consider a wide variety of factors, to ensure you are making the correct choice. For example, the suitability of its design, robustness, or having a flexible probe to cover all possible surfaces might be a necessity. Click here to explore a variety of new and used CMM’s, or call all us at: (905) 819-7878 – we have the largest selection in the world!