Base Install > Training > GD&T Fundamentals
Length: 3 days
Price: $1500 CDN
Prerequisite: A working understanding of technical drawings (perspectives, sections, details, etc.).
This is an introductory course to the ASME Y14.5 - 2009 standard. If you lack the confidence to specify, or are having trouble interpreting the specifications, this GD&T training is for you.
Course Material Included:
- Fundamentals of GD&T Textbook
- Exercise Workbook with Tests and Quizzes
- Revision Reference Chart – 11” x 17” GD&T Revision Reference Chart depicting Y14.5 changes from 1982 to 1994 to 2009.
- Characteristics Chart – This 11” x 17” chart is a quick-reference chart that gives the main aspects and rules of all 14 geometric characteristics.
- Introduce the concepts and some of the language of the Y14.5 standard.
- Enable participants to understand each of the Y14.5 standard’s symbols.
- Bring participants to a fundamental understanding of Datum Reference Frames.
- Understand the definitions and the effects of Material Condition Modifiers.
- Objectives and basic overview
- History of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Comparison of the “traditional” method – Coordinate Dimensioning – to the Geometric Dimensioning approac
|Demonstration of GD&T’s Strengths and Advantages:
- As a Design Tool
- As a Manufacturing Aid
- As an overall Communications Facilitator
|General Rules of Dimensioning and Drafting per the Standard:
- Tolerance Zones
- Comparison to Existing Systems
- Definitions of all 14 geometric controls
- Modifiers and other symbols
- How to take advantage of them
- Datum shift
|Datum Reference Frames:
- Proper Construction and Selection
Sign up for this course: